Wednesday, July 13, 2011

55: You'll never find me

"I met God on the street tonight
and he said: 'choose your battles wisely or you’ll never find me'"


As a non-Christian, I had issues with Christianity, stumbling blocks that kept me from believing in and accepting such a faith. I can't count the number of times I've heard, "I don't know if I can believe in a faith that feels this way about this particular issue." I had multiple issues. When I came to Christ I still had those issues, I still struggled between what I wanted to believe and what I was being told was true. I won't say that one day I suddenly accepted the other side. It was a slow chipping away at my soul, unnoticed by me mostly. The issues became less and less important in the grand scheme of things. In fact, they are all beside the point except a few very crucial beliefs.

I didn't stop battling with God. In fact, most days I still find myself not listening. But the battles are not the point. That is what this line means to me. I am so thankful that God took me as his own on one unexpected Sunday when I was a freshman in college. I am so thankful that my friend asked me as a favor to go to church with her. I am so thankful that on that day I was so aware of my brokenness and my need that I started to believe in the truth. My life has never been the same.

No comments: