Wednesday, July 13, 2011

58: Creativity

I believe that in order to do something that's really creative, to truly create something, I think that means that you have to do something that you don't know how to do. Otherwise I think you fall into the danger of becoming repetitious and that's a factory line. I think you have to keep walking into a room that you are not familiar with.
- Thad Cockrell



I was told a great deal at an internship in college that I needed to think more outside the box. They were trying to provide me the free time and space to do that, but I have found that unless there is a specific purpose, the idea of creating just to create is complicated. In my current position, I am constantly bombarded with new obstacles and projects that I've never even attempted to create before. With that I am constantly challenged, I learn much, but mostly I become keenly aware of how much more there is to learn. I think that I've become better for it.

No comments: