Wednesday, July 13, 2011

59: Constant

I pray for the sun
Some guidance, some truth, some glimpse of the things to come
With only your song
Your love made me strong when all hope was gone

All through the night I was falling
Straining to hear your voice calling
You never gave up, never gave in, never quite gave up on me
You are my constant


We always want time
To hoard up our treasures and bury our dead
It's true what he said
The foxes have holes but the king has no place for his head

I pray for relief
But relief doesn't come, just the will to press on

With only your song
Your love makes me strong when all hope is gone



All through the night, Your love is faithful to me
All through the night, your love is right here with me
All through the night, your love is holding me


Constant by House of Heroes 


Over the last couple of years, I have come to learn that NOTHING is ever a given, except God. 

An interesting concept about marriage is that when your spouse's life direction changes, so does your own.  Our lives changed direction a couple of weeks ago. A couple of weeks ago, I discovered this song. 


I am learning to take my emotions out of the equation sometimes, because my emotions can deceive me. I am learning to sift through my emotions with Truth. My mentor told me last week to take my husband at his word. I realized today that that goes for God too. I should be taking God at his Word, not interpreting or trying to find messages where there are no messages, but to weigh it against His Word.

No comments: