Wednesday, February 16, 2011

31

My Toms Shoes now have a hole. You can see the right toe has worked through and the left has a similar mark, meaning it will break through soon enough. As I noticed this, I began to ask myself questions about the non-profit that I hadn't asked before:


  • kids grow out of their shoes quickly. Do they have programs to give consistently to the same children?
  • I barely walked in these shoes compared to kids who walk miles to school every morning. Do they replace holey shoes? I guess holey shoes are better than no shoes. 
It made me wonder about programs that I get sucked into purchasing from. I feel as though I should ask more questions and do more research. Not discounting Toms Shoes in the least. They have a great cause and do great things for children and it looks like from what I read on their website, their program is pretty sound. I'm sure someone asked these questions before. I'm sure they have answers.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I saw this posted on facebook today -

"TOMS Shoes
Giving Fact: We don't give Glitters or Wedges to children. Not to say that they wouldn't like them, but the shoes hand-placed on children's feet are specifically designed for their terrain & environment."