Wednesday, February 16, 2011

33-2

I closed my bank account the other day. And drove with a check of the money from my savings and checking to a different bank, depositing it into our accounts. It is silly that such a thing brings a lightness and joy to my heart.

One time, early in our marriage I had received a great deal of backlash for things that were perceived about my beliefs. It hurt deeply and I was afraid to face the people that had said and done those things. I'll never forget my husband taking my hand and telling me that I no longer had to walk alone. My "what if" scenarios were met with, "I will stand by you" and I think from that moment on our marriage has been centered around those words. We have walked through much together and there is more coming. Luckily when one of us is broken, the other somehow remains strong.

I guess the money, for me, was a small statement of that commitment.

No comments: