Sunday, January 30, 2011

25

I'll learn to get by
On the little victories


Lately the days don't seem to have enough hours and my body lacks enough energy to finish all the lists I create in my head. Even at work, I go home with a list of where to pick up tomorrow. My holes of free time are filled easily. But I am learning, through a great deal of struggling, that the lists are only lists and the successes of the day matter less and less compared to those moments when I feel connected with something greater than myself, whether it is alone, praying before a meal at the dinner table, reading my devotional before bed, or talking with new and old friends about such things. Connections come in and out and I am overjoyed, sometimes sad, and sometimes frustrated, but never unaware that even in the sadness the gifts of the day are overflowing. No matter how little.

No comments: