Wednesday, January 05, 2011

5

Random Thoughts and Facts:

I only have two today but I want this kind of post to make a semi-regular appearance.

1. S's do not make the lines go up on an audio frequency bar in an audio editing program.
I was editing audio for a presentation using illustrations that is supposed to flow like a movie scene, meaning audio ends for one character, quick switch to the next. At first I was using the end of the frequency bar to trim the clips, until I realized that if the last word ended in an "s" it didn't show up. Needless to say. I had to redo a bit.

2. I have decided after editing e-courses on multiple different health conditions that "infarction" is probably the most amusing medical term I've come across.
It could be the similarity to the word "fart" or it's own odd combination of sounds. If only the word was a happy thing, like naturally excreting a perfume that made you smell like lilacs. Nope. According to wikipedia it is related to tissue death.

No comments: