Monday, January 10, 2011

8

Last month, I sat in Barnes and Noble, a bit early for a meeting with the friend who helped us plan our wedding.  I wandered to the second floor and found my way to what was the poetry section. The poetry section had moved, to my dismay. Ted Kooser is one of my favorite poets and one of his poems has always made the art of reading a book of poetry in the book store quite a romantic experience. Yet, I did not find the books I was looking for, but instead books on design. Amazing that one section was replaced with another that sparked such an interest in me. I eyed the choices for a while and settled on a book. I even settled on taking it back downstairs with me to read in the coffee shop as I waited for my friend and my now husband to arrive.

I find reading a book in a bookstore that you know that you are not going to buy quite interesting.

Thus I direct you to read Selecting a Reader.

No comments: